[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: GSS API...

So, a DLL-like solution is possible on almost all UNIX boxes, as long as it
is kept simple and the routines are called through pointers in a struct or
table.
I know there are at least a few examples - "plugin" software is common
enough
that we should be using the ... ? ... conventions.

If someone can place a file in the server's search path, then you have no
security.

Encrypting files on the server - just storing them encrypted seems like a
good idea.

The copyright problem is no different than software, or anything else. Let's
not
make new problems.

The payment problem should move to www-buyinfo[-request]
http://www.research.att.com/announce-w-b.txt

YON, jch@oki.com, Jan C. Hardenbergh, OKI Advanced Products 508-460-8655
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A. Einstein - thank the gods